New Equipment in the Microfabrication Core
We are pleased to announce a new piece of equipment that has been added to our Microfabrication Core – the Zetasizer Advance Series – Ultra (Red Label) particle analysis instrument. The Zetasizer has been successfully installed in the 7th-floor Analytical Room and is ready for users.
Zetasizer Ultra is a top-of-the-line instrument based on Dynamic Light Scattering technology. It is used to characterize organic and inorganic nanoparticles, liposomes, protein therapeutic formulations, and nanobubbles, which are nanotechnologies often used in biomedical applications such as drug delivery, medical imaging, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
Some of the key features of Zetasizer are:
- High-resolution measurements for particle size range between 0.3 nm and 10 μm
- Particle concentration measurements of absolute particle concentration, calibration-free
- Reliable zeta measurements in high conductivity samples
- Repeatable and accurate measurements of protein electrophoretic mobility by minimizing aggregation risk at the electrodes during the measurement
- Minimum sample volume 3 μL.
For additional information about the instrument, training and use, please contact Microfabrication Core Specialist, Dario Bogojevic at Dario.Bogojevic@unityhealth.to. We will soon offer a seminar about the nanoparticle analysis equipment and techniques available in the RCF. Stay tuned for more updates.
Research Core Facilities Newsletter
We are proud to present the second edition of the Research Core Facilities newsletter! The RCF newsletter is a way to keep you informed about important updates from each of our core labs, with topics ranging from equipment updates, safety training, core clinics, and general reminders.
Please enjoy and stay tuned for another edition coming December 2022!
Click here to read the RCF Newsletter
Reusable Sharps Containers - Sharpsmart